Thursday, April 21, 2016
Teleperformance offers tips on how to be successful in your first jobPosted By: Jessel Munoz - Thursday, April 21, 2016
Getting a call from an employer informing you of your successful application is one of the most memorable messages you will ever receive. But what does having a first job feel like? How does one cope with the new corporate environment? As an organization that cultivates a culture of excellence around its core values, Teleperformance, the world’s leading provider of outsourced customer experience management services, offers some tips on how to be successful in your first job:
1. Learn to respect others. Treat others with kindness and empathy. As a new employee, you will be exposed to an environment where every individual has a unique set of values, characteristics, beliefs and ideas. It is therefore important to consider this aspect when dealing with your peers to ensure that you have a healthy atmosphere within the organization. Learn to put yourself in another person’s shoes. Take time to cultivate what each employee has to offer because respect begets respect.
2. Maintain a high level of professionalism. Do things right the very first time. Make it a point to create an atmosphere that fosters better relationship within your workplace rather than ignite conflicts. Address work-related issues head on instead of ranting about it on social media or making gossips within the office. As always, the best way to move forward is to fix the problem rather than blame people. Take note that through our talents and skills, we transform interactions into golden experiences.
3. Show your commitment. Be passionate and engaged. Embrace and understand your contribution to an organization and learn to love what you are doing. Keep in mind that the lack of passion in what you do can cause you to be uninterested in your work, which can slowly lead you to abandoning your job. Remember, commitment ignites our actions and drives our performance. It fuels our passion to do our job well.
4. Demonstrate integrity every day. Say what you do and do what you say. One’s integrity plays a crucial role for a career to flourish and for a business to succeed. Hence, learn to build a persona of unquestionable integrity by displaying honesty and moral uprightness and by religiously upholding the mission and vision of your organization.
5. Continue to innovate. Create and improve. Continuously learn to think out of the box for the good of the organization instead of being tied up to your job description. Leave behind your “what ifs” as this can hamper your growth and the advancement of the business. It’s always best to go beyond the extra mile in performing your tasks.
“These characteristics are vital to one’s survival and growth in the corporate world,” says Rachel Cacabelos, Vice President for Human Resources of Teleperformance Philippines. “These form part of the basic skills set that may be expected of new employees. At Teleperformance, we warmly welcome new employees and help them build a progressive career in an organization that values respect, professionalism, commitment, integrity and innovation. Our corporate values guide us in our daily tasks to transform our passion into excellence. We look forward to welcoming our new batch of graduates to the Teleperformance team!”
To know more about career opportunities in the BPO setting, visit Teleperformance Philippines’ Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/teleperformance.philippines
About Jessel Munoz
Techblade.ph is an online publication which brings to you the news on Philippine Science, Information and Communications Technology, Gadgets, and Tech Lifestyle.